Thursday, October 11, 2012

Chocolate Brownie anyone?

This week’s I-dare-you-to-look-away recipe came from the kids great grandma.
 
White Chocolate Brownie

 
I’d been dying to make these brownies since forever and finally managed to bake them today. I've had the recipe sitting in the back of my cookbook or years but have never got around to trying this super EASY recipe. (dont know why I didnt try it before now). Its differnatly a keeper and will be the go to recipe for choc brownie.
 
 


These are definitely a good middle of the road brownie – not too fudgy and not too cakey; very much so what you’d think of when you think “classic brownie”. If anything, they’re a little more on the fudgy side than the cakey side.

Recipe
Melt 140g Butter, then beat for 2mins or until pale
Add 4 eggs and 300g sugar beat till fluffy
Then stir through 150g flour, 1 tsp baking powder and 75g cocoa powder
add 100g chopped walnuts (I used white choc buttons instead)
Spread in a slice tin and bake for 20mins @180c
 
I’m not sure I’ll ever need to use another brownie recipe ever again.
Pure perfection (I underbaked just a bit… but only because I couldn’t wait any more).



 
 
So…THAT is what brownies are supposed to taste like!!! They are the best brownies I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment