Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rain rain go away!

It started pouring last night again and has been raining ever since. 4th day in a row we have had rain. With 3 more days forcasted rain its going to be a noisy, busy house with the kids being kept inside.

 James watching his bike get soaked outside in the rain, I did tell him yesterday to get it in the shed before it rained...
 

I am such a hibernator when it rains. I love sitting in my trackies and slippers, with a hot milo while reading my book (Kindle). Although this morning as much as that idea sounded great, it didn't happen quite the way i wanted.
I ended up making a hut with the kids and having morning tea together. (Was much nicer/bonding than sitting reading my book.)

 
We've had flooding, severe winds that knocked out power for 2-3 hours at a time, and destroyed several houses in the area. This next photo is the paddock behind our house that backs on to a stream, which runs in to the river. This photo shows you the start of the flooding early this morning.
Lucky hubby got the stock out of the way in time.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment